Saturday, August 20, 2011

Caring For Kids and Praising God

Here I am sitting in an ER with a young man at 3:00 in the morning. This has been an exhausting week with a long schedule full of highs and lulls. We've been sleeping in the field all week with the new basics and more recently, the returning cadets. It's been a challenge to us as we've been operating in temps in the mid to high 90's with 60+% humidity. You change your shirt a lot with little time during the day to shower off. It has gone well however. I incorporated a devotional time before bed of which I've gotten positive feedback from both staff and students. We have Marine-patterned cammies now too which everyone loves.

Okay. I got to go back to bed after the duty tactical officer arrived. We got the boys out for their physical fitness assessment and we're now at breakfast. TodY they move into the dorms which means I'll get a break for a few hours. Too bad my family is in Jackson for the weekend. They're taking my little girl to college.

Time to get back to work for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment