Friday, August 26, 2011

Time For Me

Here I sit on a McDonald's in Vicksburg waiting for the car to finish being maintained. Sheila is having her hair done, we'll have lunch, and then do some shopping before heading back to the school. One of the TAC officer responsibilities is to ensure the students' mail is safe to send home. We don't censor it, but we may help a kid to change his vernacular to something more glorifying to God. It's a good progress report for the cadre so we know what our impact is in their lives. More than anything we want the Gospel to have an impact. I've had a few kids tell me they were encouraged because I felt it was appropriate to pray at PT after I really worked them out. We formerly did not provide any real spiritual development during basic training, but now we are having a brief devotional before having them mount their racks at night.

I've been witness to much discipline this first week of school. Though I hate corporal discipline, it really does work well on hard hearts. One child with Oppositional-defiant Disorder was completely turned around. He's a delight to be around now.

If you think of us please pray. I'm tired too early in the ballgame and I miss having a real Sabbath. It's practically non-existent. Anyone who really knows me knows how much I cherish the Sabbbath and look forward to it.

My iPhone's not giving me any more space to blog so I'll sign off now. Tune in for the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment